Jerry P. Phillips, Macedonia Community Development Corporation (Macedonia CDC or MCDC)
Mr. Phillips combines his proactive approach with more than 40 years of Business experience and business management expertise for the operations and management of Macedonia Community Development Corporation (Macedonia CDC or MCDC). Mr. Phillips, as president of Macedonia CDC, has the responsibility of providing affordable housing to low-income families in the local community. Other subsidiaries under the control of Macedonia CDC include the Macedonia Education Technology and Career Academy (METCA) where Mr. Phillips serves as Chief Financial Officer. METCA is responsible for the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) program; Elderly Compassionate Care program and the College Prep Soarers program.
After retiring from the United States Air Force as an Assistant Executive Officer in 1980, Mr. Phillips was employed at Harris Government Systems as Senior Material Administrator. In 1989, he became the owner and CEO of Alphatech Systems Corporation. This company, a manufacturer of electronic sub-assemblies, provided products in support to some of the most leading edge and sophisticated projects in the world for both the private and government sector including the F-22 Aircraft Data Acquisition Unit, NASA Core Electronic Systems and Global Positioning Systems Signal Data Converter. Mr. Phillips holds a BS degree in Business Administration and Economics from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida.
National and local positions held by Mr. Phillips:
- Selected by the Office of the United States Secretary of the Department of the Air Force to serve on the United States Air Force Historically Underutilized Business Council, Pentagon.
- Board of Directors and the Treasurer of the Melbourne/Palm Bay Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Board of Directors, Brevard Workforce Development and WAGES Coalition.
- Board of Directors, Florida Education and Research Foundation.
- President of Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church, Incorporated, Melbourne Florida.
- Chairman Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church Trustee Board of Directors.
- Chairperson of the church building program (over $1.5M project),
The following professional, business, and community service awards are representative samplings of accolades that Mr. Phillips has received based on his commitment to employees, customers, and community:
- The State of Florida Governor’s Award for Excellence
- A Florida 100 Company (Recognized as one of the top (#69) 100 Florida Companies)
- Recognized and Honor by Task Force of Florida High Technology and Industry Council as one of the Top 20 Small Disadvantages Business in Florida.
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) Enterprise of the Year (Two Years)
- Harris Corporation Minority Business Enterprise of the Year (Four years)
- SunTrust Minority Business Enterprise of the Year for Commitment to Excellence (two time winner)
- Small Business of the Year by the Melbourne/Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce
- WHO’s WHO Among American Executives
- WHO’s WHO Among Black Americans.
- Man of the Year – Macedonia Baptist Church